Learning with Lunch - Vero Beach: Concrete Waterproofing with Crystalline Technology
Return to: Calendar
Start: Thursday, September 5, 2019
Location: CJ Cannons Restaurant
Time: 12 - 1 p.m.
Wednesday September 4th and Thursday September 5th, 2019
Learning with Lunch Section Meeting For the American Institute of Architects Treasure Coast Chapter
Course Title: Concrete Waterproofing with Crystalline Technology
Presented by: Christy Krone
Xypex Manufacturers Representative Florida
Xypex Chemical Corporation
Course Description and Learning Objectives:
Understand how crystalline admixtures and coatings can extend the performance and service life of concrete. With many years of service, significant test data and ease of application, crystalline systems provide a significant option for waterproofing and protecting concrete structures.
1. Understand how crystalline technology works with concrete to provide high performance waterproofing and chemical resistance qualities
2. Explain differences between porosity, permeability and the mechanics by which water is absorbed through concrete.
3. Discuss how crystalline technology works, improves the durability of concrete and reduces maintenance.
4. Identify the appropriate crystalline technology product applications for various types of concrete construction.
5. Analyze how crystalline technology admixtures can impact structure life cycle and project construction costs.
Learning units: AIA: 1 LU HSW
The meetings will be held Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 in Stuart at the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Office and Thursday, September 5th, 2019 in Vero Beach at the CJ Cannons Restaurant (both at 12:00 noon).