Leadership Program Information
APPLICATION | OVERVIEW | CURRICULUM | INSTRUCTOR BIO | FEES/PAYMENT POLICIES | FAQs
The mission of the Jacob Leadership Institute is "to build a robust pipeline of leaders to expand the profession's influence in the public setting."
The JLI leadership program is a six-month training program, developed to help leaders at all levels increase their emotional intelligence to become better leaders. The training is led by former FBI agent Michael “Bret” Hood who uses his 25 years of leadership experience to provide in-depth training that covers the science, psychology, and ethics that define leadership.
During these six months, students learn how to:
- Assess yourself and gain insight into your leadership style.
- Understand unconscious blind-spots and emotional intelligence.
- Design methods of motivating others.
- Build an organizational culture.
- Influence stakeholders.
"Whether you are a seasoned leader or an emerging professional — you'll come away stronger and more confident in your leadership capabilities. JLI is well worth the commitment." Rhonda Hammond, AIA - JLI Graduate and AIA Florida Incoming President Elect
Tentative 2023 Training Schedule
- Jan. 13 – Session 1 - In person
- Feb. 10 – Session 2 - Virtual
- March 10 – Session 3 - In person
- April 21 – Session 4 - Virtual
- May 19 – Session 5 - Virtual
- June 16 – Session 6 - In Person
- July TBD – Graduation at the AIA Florida Convention