Thomas Jefferson once counseled “… honesty, knowledge and industry are the qualities which will lead you to the highest employment of your country and to its highest esteem.”
2021 Citizen Architect Class
- Elizabeth Camargo, AIA. Camargo served on the Miami Beach Capital Improvement Projects Oversight Committee, the Miami Beach Design Review Board, the Bal Harbour Architectural Review Board, and in workshops on sea level rise headed by the city of Miami.
- William Gallo, AIA. Gallo has a long history of service to his community. He is chair and founding member of the Nova Southeastern University Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography Advisory Board; is a member of the city of Lighthouse Point Planning and Zoning Board; is a board member of Broward Workshop; is a volunteer pilot for Angel Flight; was nominated as corporate sponsor of the year for Nova Southeastern University; and is a contributing editor and columnist forLight Magazine.
- Brian Herbert, AIA. Herbert has more than a decade of service as member and chair of the city of Deerfield Beach Community Appearance Board. He is also involved with Nova Southeastern University and is a founding member of the Foundation of Academic and Community Excellence. Herbert is a member of the Broward County Green Building Council, a design review architect for the city of Parkland, serves as a troop leader in the Boy Scouts and is involved in his church.
- Maxim Nasab, AIA. Nasab participated most recently in a design charrette for the Creative Core in downtown Tallahassee. He is also a Leon County Council on Culture and Arts Cultural Facilities Matching Grant Program expert panelist, a member of NCARB's ARE 5.0 Item Development Subcommittee, a member of the board of directors for Goodwood Museum & Gardens, and a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity of the Big Bend.
- Rich Simmons, AIA. Simmons is the chair of the Barrio Latino Commission in Tampa and also participates in several Ybor City-focused nonprofits, including the Ybor Museum Society, the Ybor City Development Corp, and the Historic Ybor City Neighborhood Association. He is a youth sports coach, U.S. Army Reserve veteran and a California Safety Assessment Program volunteer.
2020 Citizen Architect Class
See the recognition of the 2020 class at the 2021 AIA Florida Convention.
Fred Forbes, AIA - AIA Florida Southwest
Roxanne Horvath, AIA - AIA Jacksonville
Jeff Huber, FAIA - AIA Fort Lauderdale
Brett Moss, AIA - AIA Miami
John Thompson, AIA - AIA Tampa Bay
Brian Spencer, AIA - AIA Florida Northwest
George Williams, AIA - AIA Florida Northwest
2019 Citizen Architect Class
Beverly Frank, AIA - AIA Tampa Bay
Patrick Thorpe, AIA - AIA Tampa Bay
Anthony Vallee, AIA - AIA Florida Northwest
Sarit Sela, AIA - AIA Gainesville
Victoria Williams, AIA - AIA Florida Northwest
Ray Wong, AIA - AIA Tampa Bay
2018 Citizen Architect Class
2017 Citizen Architect Class
2016 Citizen Architect Class
2015 Citizen Architect Class
2014 Citizen Architect Class
2013 Citizen Architect Class
National Citizen Architects
Gubernatorial Appointment Toolkit
In an effort to grow the influence of the architectural profession, AIA Florida has developed the Gubernatorial Appointment Program (GAP) to help place architects in positions of influence within our communities. To see the GAP Tool Kit, click here.
For additional information, please contact Becky Magdaleno.