The Florida Association of the American Institute of Architects (AIA Florida) is committed to the advancement of Florida's architecture profession. Our vision is that of a united association of architects who lead the shaping of Florida's built environment.
This vision can be achieved by fostering professional excellence and political effectiveness, creating public awareness and providing member communication. Therefore, AIA Florida recognizes the on-going need to propose and comment on public policies that affect the built environment and the profession.
AIA Florida is committed to actively representing the interests of its members before the Florida Legislature, the Governor, Cabinet and state agencies. To this end, AIA Florida's Advocacy Committee has developed the following guiding principles as approved by the Board of Directors:
- A fair and equitable business climate that provides public value and creates jobs in a prosperous design/construction industry
- Uphold high standards of professional practice, professional development/continuing education & ethics
- Qualifications based selection of design professionals for ALL public construction projects
- Recognition of the unique role of architects in protecting public health, safety and welfare
- Development of transportation, communication and utility infrastructure systems that reduce carbon emissions
- Increase access to affordable energy, housing and quality schools
- Land use planning & environmental policy that protects the Florida environment through stewardship of natural resources
- Energy policy that increases Florida's self-sufficiency and independence in support of economic development