AIA Florida Stands with Surfside Families, First Responders
AIA Florida Stands With Surfside Families, First Responders
As the search for survivors in the rubble of what was Champlain Towers South wears on, AIA Florida continues to hold in our thoughts the victims, their families and the tireless first responders searching the site.
We find hope in the valiant first responders, in the outpouring of love and support from the community and in the strength of the grieving families in the intense light of a public disaster. The architects of AIA Florida are ready to assist in any effort to support the Surfside community and to ensure the health, safety and welfare of everyone in our state.
If you’d like to help now, you can donate to these organizations:
- The Shul, a Jewish community center near Champlain Towers South, is collecting contributions.
- Support Surfside is a joint effort between The Coral Gables Community Foundation, the Key Biscayne Community Foundation, the Knight Foundation, the Miami Foundation, the Miami Heat and the Miami Heat Charitable Fund.
- The American Red Cross has more than 100 volunteers and workers assisting Surfside families. Donate here.
- The World Central Kitchen is feeding families and first responders.
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors, the town of Surfside and F.R.I.E.N.D. Miami-Dade’s Long Term Disaster Recovery Group set up the Surfside Building Collapse Fund. Donate.
Featured Articles on the Surfside Condo Collapse
Palm Beach Moves Toward More Building Inspections
Fried: Deregulation Led to Condo Collapse
Florida Officials Consider Adopting Condo Inspection Policies
Inspection Closes Historic Miami-Dade Courthouse
Surfside Collapse Could Mean More Work for DBPR
Security Review Closes Miami-Dade Courthouse
Miami-Dade Lawmakers Push New Regulations in Wake of Collapse
DeSantis: Surfside Will Have a Lasting Impact on State
Surfside Collapse Could Mean Another Building Regulations Overhaul